The SmallSat Symposium will unlock the business aspects, technologies and the financial and legal acumen that comprise the foundation of today’s rapidly growing small satellite market. A broad range of thought-provoking panels and speakers share business and financial knowledge required to leverage smallsat innovation and cutting-edge technology into next generation solutions. Learn from leaders in the industry as they answer the most pertinent questions facing the small satellite industry today. Participants in the Symposium include manufacturers, system operators, launch providers, investors, VCs, financial institutions and more. On Wednesday, February 8, 2017 beginning at 10:30am, join The McLean Group’s John Stack and executive panelists from ManSat, Space Angels Network, Qualcomm Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners and Quilty Analytics LLC for a discussion titled, “Securing Capital In New Small Satellite Ventures,” during which the following questions will be addressed:
- What is the optimal way to secure capital for the startup phase of a SmallSat venture?
- What are the different dynamics of getting funding for a startup SmallSat operator vs a startup manufacturer/launch service provider or data processing company?
- Has the complexity of the financial market led to roadblocks for SmallSat operators and manufacturers?
- How do operators avoid financial pitfalls (funding gaps, etc.)?
- Beyond the first funding round, how will investors approach adding capital to a maturing venture?
- What is the past and present performance of the sector and what are the current and expected trends for industry consolidation and M&A transactions?