The McLean Group Advises Imperatis Corp in its Recapitalization
MCLEAN, VA – April 2015 – Imperatis Corp (Imperatis), headquartered in Arlington, VA, completed a debt refinancing with Sandton Capital Partners to support ongoing working capital requirements and future growth initiatives. Imperatis explored a range of financing and transaction alternatives, and, through a competitive process, selected a debt recapitalization as the optimum transaction structure. The McLean Group’s Aerospace, Defense & Government Services (ADG) practice served as the exclusive transaction advisor to Imperatis. Imperatis delivers mission-critical national security solutions to the Department of Defense, Intelligence Community and federal and civilian agencies. The Company specializes in delivering innovative and technical solutions in the areas of cyber security, advanced network infrastructure, C4ISR, information assurance, and intelligence analysis in support of national security initiatives. Imperatis defends against advanced persistent threats, delivers high-end network support, and transitions technology from the laboratory to operational teams by providing customized end-to-end solutions.
Imperatis’ recapitalization highlights several emerging trends in the defense and government services market, including:
- Companies considering raising external capital to support operational and strategic requirements benefit from an increasingly broad and diverse set of financing alternatives available to the market.
- Commercial bank lending options and experienced private equity remains readily available for many companies.
- There is an emerging group of lenders and investors offering flexible and creative capital solutions that can supplement or replace traditional lending sources, these include BDCs, mezzanine lenders, minority equity investors, receivables factoring, and other non-bank debt investors.
- With the abundance of options, there is no “one size fits all” solution, heightening the importance of exploring multiple solutions in order to select the right capital structure for each situation.
- It is important for management and ownership to select the right capital partners to ensure that objectives and operating philosophies align.
ABOUT THE MCLEAN GROUP
The McLean Group is a leading independent investment bank that provides mergers and acquisitions (M&A), debt and equity recapitalizations, business valuation and strategic consulting services to middle market companies. The firm’s Aerospace, Defense & Government Services (ADG) team is one of the largest dedicated groups in the country and has deep transactional expertise in nearly every segment of the government market. The McLean Group’s ADG practice leaders have advised on more than 150 government sector transactions with cumulative deal value exceeding $4 billion, including 50 transactions closed since 2010. The firm’s transaction advisory and valuation services reflect comprehensive industry knowledge, extensive transactional successes, commitment to providing senior-level attention to every client engagement, and real-time understanding of industry-specific valuation drivers.