Andy Smith is a Senior Managing Director at The McLean Group. He is active in various M&A transactions and leads The McLean Valuation Services Group, The McLean Group’s business valuation practice, which performs business valuations for public and private companies for transaction, financial reporting, equity incentive plan, tax and estate planning purposes. He has broad experience in public accounting, investment banking and financial operations management. Mr. Smith has been recognized as a Super CPA by the Virginia Society of CPAs and Virginia Business and as one of Washington, DC’s Top 50 CPAs by SmartCEO magazine.
Mr. Smith launched his career at KPMG where he was a corporate finance and audit manager and worked in Washington, DC; Moscow, Russia, and Almaty, Kazakhstan. He later joined Washington Equity Partners as an associate director, supporting various international wireless telecommunications transactions. He also worked with a strategic advisory group to Lucent Technologies and was the director of finance of a wireless telecom services company.
Mr. Smith has been an Adjunct Professor with George Mason University’s MBA Program and is also a frequent speaker and author on business valuation topics. He has been a national instructor with NACVA and a guest lecturer at Catholic University, University of Maryland and John Hopkins University’s MBA programs. In addition, he has been a designated expert witness in numerous court cases.
Mr. Smith is a Certified Public Accountant and holds various other professional credentials, including: Accredited in Business Valuation, Accredited Senior Appraiser, Certified Valuation Analyst and Certified Management Accountant. Mr. Smith is a graduate of the University of Richmond’s E. Claiborne School of Business.
- FINRA Registered Representative and Financial and Operations Principal (Series 7, 28, 63, 79, 99)
- CPA (Virginia)
- Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV) through the AICPA
- Accredited Senior Appraiser (ASA) through the American Society of Appraisers
- Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA) through NACVA
- Certified Management Accountant (CMA) through the Institute of Management Accountants
- The Virginia Society of CPAs
- American Institute of CPAs (AICPA)
- National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts (NACVA)